Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When Did My Baby Grow Up? And How in the World Did I Finish the Marathon?

It's no secret that I have been doing a lot of reflecting as Jordan turns 18 and is in his Senior year of High School. I can remember vividly how it felt when I found out that I was pregnant. I can remember the look on Jay's face when I told him the news. He was at work at the hospital right across from the Newborn Nursery. Just a few short weeks after moving to Grand Forks, North Dakota, the most beautiful black haired, brown eyed, dimple faced baby made his grand entrance. He was the center of attention immediatley with those dimples. From a rambunctious toddler who gave us our fair share of heart attacks, including falling 12 feet from a tree and being life flighted to intensive care at Primary Children's with a severe head injury, to getting into a fenced field at age 3 with his little friends to chase the bulls, he has grown into a man, yes a handsome, loving, smart man, ready to graduate, go on a mission, and enter the adult world.






We spent his 18th birthday in St. George, bribing him to go by taking his adorable girlfriend Krystal with us. They supported me at the finish line, and I made him Fresh Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting, from scratch, after the Marathon with my tendon searing in pain. If there was ever true mother love, that is it. After Jordan and Jay went to General Priesthood, we took Jord and Krys to dinner. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment